The modern non-contact method of brain research is MRI of the Brain. It uses radio waves and a magnetic field to transmit a signal to the computer that allows you to assess the brain’s state. It is important to know that MRI of the brain is used to examine both soft tissues and blood vessels for damage or injury, such as a stroke.
What is the best time to have an MRI?
MRI of the brain is performed to detect or confirm a wide range of diseases. During the MRI examination, the doctor sees a detailed image of the brain on the screen, assesses its condition and can detect pathological diseases.
In some cases, MRI diagnosis is needed to confirm the diagnosis or to refute it.
– disturbed by constant or acute headaches;
– There is a constant or periodic noise in the ears
– There is weakness and numbness at the extremities.
– there is a deterioration of memory;
– fainting occurs periodically;
– the person is disoriented;
– there was a craniocerebral trauma;
– you need to find out the cause of seizures.
Contrast-enhanced MRI (MRI) of the brain
Contrast is used to better see the brain. It is introduced into the body. The dye can be used to diagnose tumors and other diseases, as well as their structure and contours.
Contraindications to use
MRI of the brain can be the most safest, but it is not recommended for everyone.
It is also worth giving up MRI when:
– the presence of cochlear implants;
– Decompensated Heart Failure
– The presence of tattoos that are made from metal;
– installed crowns or braces.
What is an MRI exam?
The preparation is the first step in the examination. It is important to take out all metal objects from the phone and then remove it.
After the patient has been placed on the table, a device that sends and receives radio waves is attached to the head. MRI is performed for 30-60 minutes, depending on the department and the presence of contrast in the body.
The doctor takes many layers-by-layer photographs of the brain and then makes a decision.
For details about MRT golovnogo mozga take a look at this popular site