For some, the diagnosis of intervertebral disk herniation is a complete sentence. Instantly, the picture of surgical and operating instruments is drawn in the head. It is actually not that scary.
What is an intervertebral hysteria? And what are its causes?
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Excessive physical activity can cause hernia. This is a dangerous condition that can restrict the nerve roots in the spinal cord.
People at risk of developing an intervertebral hernia are:
* Have poor genetics.
Herniated vertebrae can be the result of work. The problem often arises in professional weightlifters, loaders, truck drivers. The cause of the pathology may be atrophy of the back muscles due to sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise.
People without bad habits, who play sports and lead a healthy lifestyle, rarely consult a neurologist with such problems.
Lumbar hernia symptoms
Lumbar hernia is manifested by back pain of varying intensity and other symptoms.
1. Numbness of soft tissues on the outer surface of the thigh, shin and big toe with a tingling sensation and tingling.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Even when lifting small weights from the floor in the waist there are painful shots.
5. The patient experiences general weakness and fatigue quickly. Sensitivity decreases in the groin area.
Intervertebral hernia in the cervical region:
Hernia in the cervical spine manifests itself in the early stages.
1. The patient feels severe pain even with a slight turn, so, as a rule, returns the whole torso.
2. The shoulder is numb, and the pain spreads to the wrist.
3. Numbness occurs when you squeeze the brush.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
Hypertension may accompany the main symptoms.
You don’t have to see all signs at once. A visual inspection won’t give any information. Diagnosis is performed by X-ray, MRI and CT. An X-ray will clearly show a protrusion between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Is it possible to treat intervertebral hernia with out surgery?
A complete exam is required before the doctor can determine if it is possible to treat intervertebral hernia with surgery or if it is better to go to surgery. Surgery is required in advanced cases to relieve pain and restore mobility.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. The clinic’s doctors also prescribe physiotherapy and massage to patients. They also create individual therapeutic gymnastics complexes. In other words, in each case the therapeutic program is developed individually and guarantees positive dynamics.
For more information about gryzha poyasnichnogo otdela go this useful internet page